One word that has been used a lot in 2020 was “unprecedented”, which last year absolutely was in many ways.
Presented with a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic, intense social division, expansive economic strain, and a deep desire for change, it’s safe to say that we are all eager to move on towards a brighter future.
Plus, as businesses across the globe aim to innovate and adapt to these new challenges, we have been pushed to change the way that we work entirely as well.
Though through it all, we have learned and grown so much.
We have learned to effectively work together even while separated, we’ve rearranged our priorities to be more productive and more fulfilled, and brands have grown more innovative in their solutions to a vast array of challenges.
Yet even with infinite innovation, challenges will always remain in the world of business. This is why it’s more important than ever that we work together.
As more and more people start to nurture and grow entrepreneurial ideas, the need for support and community grows as well.
Coworking spaces, mentorship arrangements, and incubation programs are known to be super beneficial communities for growing your business successfully, plus they are pretty fun too.
How a Professional Community Can Make Starting Your Business More Fun & Effective
- Provides the opportunity to collaborate: Having a group that you can reach in order to discuss challenges, work towards solutions, and create impactful projects can help you move forward faster and more effectively.
- Gives you the feeling of being part of a team: Starting and scaling a business can be lonely at times, so having a group that you can connect with is priceless.
- Adds productive socializing into your working week: Word of mouth is still the best marketing tool around. Whether attending an incubator event or working in coworking spaces, this type of community can offer valuable networking and socializing time to your schedule.
- Access to Extra Brain Power: Being within a community that’s filled with like-minded individuals that are eager to connect and bounce ideas around can boost your success potential in unbelievable ways.
- Provides the opportunity to establish new relationships: When working as an entrepreneur or solopreneur it’s easy to stay in your own little bubble. Causing us to miss out on lasting connections. This is why having a community that can challenge you to grow both personally and professionally is so important.
- Gives you other people to celebrate your wins with: Lonely success is still a success. Though honestly, it just feels better to have people celebrate your successes with you.
Professional communities like co-working spaces, coaching programs, collaborative environments, and incubator programs offer us the chance to grow our professional and personal lives cohesively.
“Business and personal successes are really very intertwined and the things that make us successful in one, also make us successful in the other.” – Vicki Langford, Director Project 3810